Board Mount Pressure Sensors
Basic ABP Series
Compensated. ±1.5 %FSS TEB. Low pressure. Differential or gage. Digital or analog output. DIP, leadless SMT, SMT. Cost effective
- >±60 mbar to ±10 bar - ±6 kPa to ±1 MPa - ±1 psi to ±150 psi
- The ABP Series are piezoresistive silicon pressure sensors offering a ratiometric analog or digital output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range. They are calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects and accuracy errors (which include non-linearity, repeatability and hysteresis) using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Calibrated output values for pressure are updated at approximately 1 kHz for analog and 2 kHz for digital. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards.
- Dry gases option: The input port is limited to non-corrosive, non-ionic media (e.g., dry air, gases) and should not be exposed to condensation. The gases are limited to media compatible with high temperature polyamide, silicone, alumina ceramic, silicon, gold, and glass.
- Liquid media option: Includes an additional silicone-based gel coating to protect the electronics under port P1, which enables use with non-corrosive liquids (e.g. water and saline) and in applications where condensation can occur. Since port P2 is designed for use with non-corrosive liquids, this option is often suitable for wet-wet differential sensing.
Value to Customers
- Simplifies design-in: Small size saves room on the PC board (PCB), or simplifies design in smaller and lower power devices. Meets Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements, which allows for unlimited shelf life when stored at <30 ºC/85 %RH and, under most storage conditions, allows for PCB soldering without any material concern about solder joint quality due to aging of the sensor terminals, which minimizes the concern about aging of the terminals prior PCB assembly. Pressure choices allow engineers to select range required for their application. Leadless SMT, SMT, and DIP package options.
- Cost-effective: Small size helps engineers reduce design and manufacturing costs while maintaining enhanced performance and reliability of the systems they design.
- Accurate: Total Error Band (TEB) and wide pressure range enable engineers to optimize system performance by improving resolution and system accuracy. Optional internal diagnostics validate that the sensor readings are correct.
- Flexible: Supply voltage range, variety of pressure units, types, and ranges, output options, and wide operating temperature range simplify use in the application.
- Versatile: Wet-media compatibility, sleep mode, and temperature output options make the sensor a versatile choice for Internet of Things applications.
- Honeywell Brand: Utilize proprietary Honeywell technology, and are protected by multiple global patents.
- Enhanced accuracy helps the design engineer fully understand the error in measurement.
- Wide supply voltage range offers design flexibility.
- Power consumption when utilizing sleep mode option allows for use in battery-powered applications.