Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR)
Honeywell North® Primair™ PA700 Series Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
The Honeywell® North™ Primair 700 (PA700) Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) is engineered to be ergonomic, efficient and effortless to get workers on the job faster and keep them comfortable and productive.
indicated a need for improved ergonomics, cleanability, and reliability. Honeywell responded to this feedback by developing a PAPR with a thoughtful design — made for superior comfort, safety, and easy operation and maintenance so users can work hard and breathe easy.
Push, Twist, Click, and Go
For the worker who uses a PAPR daily, the Honeywell North PA700 Series makes it easy. The integrated system is streamlined, easy to use, and quick to assemble. With components that lock into place, workers can get on the job quickly and feel safer. Plus, the ergonomic design keeps them comfortable during long shifts, which maximizes productivity.
- All-in-one, integrated unit – battery and blower motor contained in compact casing: delivers better safety.
- Side-mounted battery– contained in housing on five (5) sides and locks into place to reduce accidental disconnections.
- Ergonomic belt– distributes weight evenly and prevents slipping: adjustable nylon straps for additional support: optional comfort pad.
- Smart breathing tube connection– twist and lock connector angles tube away from back.
- Efficient keypad– illuminated, easy-to-read display: large buttons for easy operation – even for workers wearing gloves: offers access to adjustable airflow with three speeds: buttons are spaced apart to prevent accidental shut down of the unit when changing airflow speed.
- Filter connection– Locks into place with a quarter turn, assuring workers they are secure.
- Optional filter cover– smooth design is easy to wipe clean: protects filter from impact and during decontamination showers.
Industries & Applications
- Pharmaceutical Development*
- Manufacturing (silica dust)
- Hospital Labs (chemotherapy drug mixing and infectious disease)
More PAPR configurations to follow, pending CE certification.
* Does not include intrinsically safe.
Protection Type / Hazards
When used together with Honeywell North filter cartridges and Honeywell North facepieces or head covers, the PA700 Series PAPR provides respiratory protection against:
- Airborne particulates and most dusts
- Toxic organic gases and vapors
- Particulate radionuclides and radon progeny attached to dusts, fumes, and mists.
The PA700 series PAPR meets the requirements of EN 12941:1998 + A1:2003 + A2:2008 when assembled from components listed on the CE approval label included with the product.
For detailed information on hood/headgear assemblies, see the user manuals for those products. Refer to the CE approval labels provided with the PA700 Series blower assembly and filter cartridges for specific CE approval numbers.