Honeywell Otter Flex Breather MFUS S2 SRC ESD
Tradition Meets Technology
S2 SRC ESD
• Patented soft heel insert
• Patented Flex Fit lacing system
• Patented Otter MFUS metatarsal bandages
• Low-cut style
• Durable textile fabric upper
• TPU coat
• Durable, breathable lining
• PU/TPU outsole
• Wear off indicators
• EN 61340-5-1:2016 - ESD marking (electrical resistance)
• EN ISO 20345:2011 S2 SRC ESD
• DGUV 112-191 coming soon
STANDARD COMPLIANCE? DARE FOR MORE.
Protective footwear must comply with EN standards and applicable norms for worker safety within various professional fields. Tests* have shown that Honeywell Otter Flex shoes perform better than required, providing enhanced protection, durability, breathability and comfort.
• 242.87% more tear strength than the level required by the standard. The outsole recorded a value of 27.43 kilonewton meters (kN/m), compared to 8 kN/m, the level required by the standard.
• 7.57% more impact resistance. Breather MFUS has an impact resistance of 15.06 millimeters (mm) (42 left & 42 right), up against the level required by the standard, of 14 mm.
• 9.37% more slip resistance SRA** (flat). Breather MFUS has a slip resistance of 0.35, compared to the standard level of 0.32.
• 25% more slip resistance SRA (heel). Breather MFUS provides slip resistance level of 0.35, exceeding the standard level of 0.28.
• 11.11% more slip resistance SRB*** (flat). Breather MFUS has a slip resistance value of 0.20 up against the level required by the standard of 0.18.
• 15.38% more slip resistance SRB (heel). Breather MFUS has a slip resistance of 0.15, exceeding the standard level of 0.13.
MORE DURABLE LINING
• 300% more tear strength than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is N, standard is 15, Honeywell value is 60.
• 5,040% more water permeability than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is mg/(cm2.h), standard is 2, Honeywell value is 102.8.
• 4,013.5% more water coefficient than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is mg/cm2, standard is 20, Honeywell value is 822.7.
MORE BREATHABLE UPPER
• 108.33% more tear strength than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is N, standard is 60, Honeywell value is 125.
• 308.33% more water permeability than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is mg/(cm2.h), standard is 0.8, Honeywell value is 3.27.
• 82.44% more water coefficient than the standard for Breather MFUS, unit is mg/cm2, standard is 15, Honeywell value is 27.37.
*) The values reflect the EN ISO 20345:2011 standard test results for the Breather MFUS style performed on EU size 42 samples.
**) Slip resistant soles are tested on a ceramic tile wetted with dilute soap solution.
***) Slip resistant soles are tested on smooth steel with glycerol.
THE VALUE LIES IN THE DETAILS
200 J COMPOSITE TOECAP
• 50% lighter than steel
• Amagnetic insulation
• 3 wear-off indicators on the outer layer
• Heel shock absorption system
• PU comfort layer
• TPU outsole
• Wide, deep and self-cleaning relief providing anti-slip resistance
• On steel floor: 0.15 heel (minimum standard 0.13)
• Flat: 0.20 (minimum standard 0.18)
• On ceramic floor: 0.35 heel (minimum standard 0.28)
• Flat: 0.35 (minimum standard 0.32)
• Energy absorption capacity >20 J
• Abrasion resistance: loss in volume <150 mm3 (under a 10 Newtons (1 kg) load)
- Elongation at break: 650%
- Resistance to repeated flexion optimized: >30,000
• Flexometer tested – standard: >30,000
• Resistance to fuel oil
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
• European Regulation: (EU) 2016/425*
• Standard: EN ISO 20345:2011**
• Standard: EN 61340-5-1:2016
• Quality assurance: ISO 9001 Version 2015
• Marking: S2 SRC ESD
• Average weight for 1 shoe 42 size: 740 g