Air Sampling Devices
Honeywell Air Detective
Provides near real-time air quality analysis of airborne particles, including specific pollen and spore types and other organic allergen particles
The Honeywell Air Detective system allows HVAC and environmental test professionals to take a snapshot of indoor air and connects them to an extensive allergen database to yield near real-time air quality analysis. The results help professionals to better inform their customers 'on-the-spot' of present airborne particles and the products and services that may be useful in their homes.
The system consists of three elements:
- The device and its associated hardware which collects the air samples and provides the particle holographic imagery to the cloud database for analysis.
- The cloud-based, machine-learning software which analyzes the detected particles and provides a particle report in near real-time.
- The user-supplied iPad tablet which controls the device application and the interface to the cloud, and also displays the particle report.
The device uses a fan to in-take and capture an air sample through the impaction sampler built into a single-use, disposable cassette. After sampling the air for three minutes, the device records holographic images of the particles detected in the air sample. These images are then sent to the cloud for on-the-spot, near real-time particle classification and display. The results are returned to the iPad, providing a particle analysis report to share with the homeowner in person and via e-mail. This data is intended to help HVAC professionals and homeowners make informed decisions about the types of air handling, cleaning equipment, and services that may be beneficial to the homeowner.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- On-the-spot particle analysis and display on the user’s iPad provide both the professional and homeowner with preliminary data that can enable more informed decisions - without waiting for lengthy and expensive third-party analysis.
- The portable, battery-powered device, single-use, disposable air analysis cassettes, straightforward iPad app cloud interface, and report all contribute to a system that is easy to use.
- Visual display and identification of common allergens, including spores, specific pollen types, as well as and other organic allergen particles, provides results in a clear, easy-to-understand format which can also be sent to the customer directly from the app via e-mail.
- The application’s artificial intelligence algorithms are updated periodically and deployed automatically, eliminating the need for manual intervention to enable device or system upgrades.
- Allows HVAC and environmental test professionals to differentiate themselves from the competition through access to this innovative and unique offering.
- Unlike particle sensors that only provide the volume of particles present and do not provide a picture and classification, or samplers that require analysis of air sampling cassettes in a remote lab, the Honeywell Air Detective provides on-the-spot airborne particle analysis including visualization and classification
- The portable Honeywell Air Detective, with cloud connectivity, enables the user to take advantage of imaging technology and algorithms that leverage artificial intelligence
- Periodic service visits
- HVAC system diagnosis and consultation
- Collection of airborne allergen information to support marketing and sales
VALUE TO HVAC AND ENVIRONMENTAL TEST PROFESSIONALS
The Honeywell Air Detective is an innovative new tool for the test professional’s toolbox. The system enables the professional to provide preliminary insights into the customer’s indoor air, which will allow the customer to make more informed decisions about his/her HVAC system. This, in turn, may drive:
- Additional filters and upgraded air cleaning system sales during service visits
- Increased sign-up and renewal rate of HVAC service contracts
- Increased high-value web traffic to dealer home page with regularly updated pollen counts
- Where appropriate, additional testing of the homeowner’s indoor air