MicroForce FMA Series
N force ranges. Amplified, compensated. Analog or digital (I2C or SPI) output
The FMA Series are piezoresistive-based force sensors offering a digital output for reading force over the specified full scale force span and temperature range. They are fully calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and nonlinearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
Direct mechanical coupling allows for easy interface with the sensor, coupling with tubing, membrane or a plunger, providing repeatable performance and a reliable mechanical interface to the application. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards. These products offer a more stable output which is directly proportional to the force applied to the mechanically-coupled sphere. The FMA Series is available with pocket tape and reel packaging.
Value to Customers
The FMA Series are designed to meet the customer’s need for a compensated, amplified force sensor which provides digital outputs, a variety of force sensing ranges, a small, cost-effective format, and enhanced durability and accuracy. The flexible design provides multiple standard configurations over a wide operating temperature range.
- Multiple force ranges allow the customer to choose the force range to maximize sensitivity and improve system resolution/performance
- Smaller package allows for space constrained applications
- Robust design provides enhanced durability in applications where overforce may exist
- Enhanced accuracy includes all errors due to force non-linearity, force hysteresis, and non-repeatability
- Reduced Total Error Band enhances system performance
- Digital output enhances performance through reduced conversion requirements and the convenience of direct interface to microprocessors
- Diagnostic functions allow the user to determine if the sensor is working correctly by detecting if electrical paths are broken or shorted inside the sensor
- Selectable supply voltages provide customers with design flexibility