Magnetic Position Sensors
Linear sensing ranges of 0 mm to 35 mm, 0 mm to 75 mm, & 0 mm to 225 mm. Analog Vdc output: 35 mm, 75 mm, & 225 mm: digital.
The SMART Position Sensor is one of the most durable, adaptable, and lightweight linear position sensors available in the industry, enabling highly accurate motion control and improving operation efficiency and safety. Easy to install and maintain, this sensor has a simple, non-contacting and cost-effective design that:
- eliminates mechanical failure mechanisms
- reduces wear and tear
- improves reliability and durability
- allows use in many harsh applications thanks to IP67 and IP69K sealings
- minimizes downtime
The SMART Position Sensor is a non-contacting sensing solution for precise position sensing with enhanced accuracy. It senses the position of a magnet relative to the sensor in three available sensing ranges, thus being a helpful solution in transportation, industrial, and aerospace industries.
By using a combination of an ASIC (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit) and an array of MR (magneto-resistive) sensors our linear position sensors accurately and reliably determine the position of a magnet attached to a moving object so that the object’s position can be determined or controlled.
Potential applications for linear position sensors:
- Valve position monitoring
- Material handling
- Plastic molding
- Cutting and slitting
- Controlling CNC machines
- Heavy equipment attachment identification
- Determining truck-mounted crane outrigger position
- Controlling the actuator position in multiple aircraft applications