Hall-effect Digital Speed Sensors
Cost competitive and flexible, temperature range: -40ºC to 140ºC, IP69K rating.
Honeywell´s SNG-S Series Speed Sensors use a magnetically biased Hall-effect integrated circuit (IC) to accurately sense movement of ferrous metal targets. The specially designed IC and a permanent magnet are sealed in rugged, probe-type packages.
The IC detects the alteration of the magnet´s flux density when it is approached by ferrous metal. A sensor positioned at the circumference of a revolving gear wheel detects the teeth and spaces, and supplies a digital pulse output with frequency proportional to gear wheel speed.
Optimum performance is dependent upon a combination of variables such as target material, geometry and speed, sensor/target gap, and environmental temperature.
VALUE TO CUSTOMERS
- Higher reliability: IP69K rating, EMC radiated immunity protection, O-ring seal and wide operating temperature range:
- Improves equipment uptime
- Minimizes service costs
- Provides resistance to high electrical noise
- Provides resistance to moisture intrusion
- Wide operating temperature range
- Cost-competitive: Designed and manufactured using a platform-based approach that enables better cost competitiveness and mechanical and electrical configurability for customers.
- Flexible: Wide operating temperature range, robust electrical noise immunity and enhanced environmental sealing capability allow flexibility of use in the application.
- Expedites installation: O-ring seal for use in pressure applications and a fixed mounting flange allows for a simpler installation process, using one fastener.
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to 140°C [-40°F to 284°F]
- Insensitive to orientation (angular rotation) during assembly
- Environmental sealing: Moisture ingress protection rated to IP69K
- Robust electrical noise immunity: Electrical noise radiated immunity (EMC) rated to 100 V/m
- Zero speed detection, high frequency switching capability: 0 kHz to 15 kHz
- O-ring seal: Enables environmental sealing to mounting surface
- Supply voltage range: varies from 4.5 V to 24 V or 4.5 V to 8 V to 24 V
- CE certified
POTENTIAL TRANSPORTATION APPLICATIONS
- Transmission speed sensing in heavy duty trucks, buses, agriculture and construction machines
- Wheel speed detection in material handling, agriculture, and construction machines
- Motor speed sensing in vehicle powertrain and hybrid engines in heavy duty trucks, buses, agriculture and construction machines