N, lb, g, & kg force ranges. Amplified, compensated. Analog or digital (SPI or I<sup>2</sup>C) output.
The FSA Series are piezoresistive-based force sensors offering a ratiometric analog or digital output for reading force over the specified full scale force span and temperature range. They are fully calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and nonlinearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
Direct mechanical coupling allows for easy interface with the sensor, coupling with tubing, membrane or a plunger, providing repeatable performance and a reliable mechanical interface to the application. The package also provides excellent corrosion resistance and isolation to external package stress. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards.
Value to Customers
The FSA Series are designed to meet the customers̵7: need for a compensated, amplified force sensor that provides analog and digital outputs, a variety of force sensing ranges, and enhanced durability and accuracy. Their flexible design provides multiple standard configurations over a wide operating temperature range.
- Multiple force ranges allow the customer to choose the force range to maximize sensitivity and improve system resolution/performance
- Overforce provides enhanced durability in applications where overforce may exist
- Enhanced accuracy includes all errors due to force non-linearity, force hysteresis, and non-repeatability
- Total Error Band enhances system performance
- Digital output enhances performance through reduced conversion requirements and the convenience of direct interface to microprocessors
- Diagnostics functions allow the user to determine if the sensor is working correctly by detecting if the electrical paths are broken or shorted inside the sensor
- Supply voltage provides customers flexibility of design within the application