Latching Position Sensor ICs
VF360NT, VF360ST, VF460S
High sensitivity latching Hall-effect digital sensor ICs. SOT-23, flat TO-92-style packages. AEC-Q100 qualified for transportation applications
The VF360NT, VF360ST, and VF460S High Sensitivity Latching Digital Hall-Effect Sensor ICs are small, sensitive and versatile devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The VF360NT is turned ON by a North pole, while the VF360ST and VF460S are turned ON by a South pole. This sensor IC does not use chopper stabilization on the Hall element, providing a clean output signal and a faster latch response time when compared to competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect latching sensor ICs which do use chopper stabilization.
These product are available in two package styles:
- VF360NT, VF360ST: Subminiature SOT-23 surface-mount package on pocket tape and reel which allows for compact design with automated component placement.
- VF460S : Flat TO-92-style package with straight leads in bulk packaging which allows for a compact PC board layout.
Value to Customers
- AEC-Q100 qualification provides enhanced reliability and quality of electronic components. Components meeting these specifications are often suitable for use in harsh automotive environments without the customer’s need for additional component-level qualification testing.
- Designed to provide reliable, consistent performance and a fast response time, enhancing efficiency in brushless dc motor (BLDC) applications.
- Designed to provide a wide supply voltage range and no chopper delay, allowing for potential use in a variety of applications.
- Designed to provide a clean output signal without the customer having to include additional circuitry to achieve noise suppression due to chopper stabilization.
Honeywell VF360NT, VF360ST, and VF460S AEC-Q100-qualified latching sensor ICs offer better performance than many competitive sensor ICs that employ chopper stabilization techniques.
- Response time: Honeywell device provides a fast response time, enabling efficiency in BLDC motors.
- No noise generation: Honeywell device utilizes a resistor-capacitor (RC) circuit to enable noise suppression required for chopper stabilized sensors.