Unipolar Position Sensor ICs
SS340RT, SS440R Series
Low-cost unipolar Hall-effect digital sensor ICs. SOT-23 (SS340RT), flat TO-92-style (SS440R) packages. Digital sinking output.
The SS340RT/SS440R Series sensor ICs are small, versatile digital Hall-effect devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to a single pole: North (SS340RT) or South (SS440R).
These unipolar Hall ICs are supplied in three different magnetic sensitivities to meet a wide range of potential applications:
- SS341RT and SS441R offer the highest sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 75 G at 25 °C [77 °F].
- SS343RT and SS443R offer medium sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 135 G at 25 °C [77 °F].
- SS349RT and SS449R offer the lowest sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 305 G at 25 °C [77 °F].
These sensors are available in two package styles:
- SS340RT: Miniature SOT-23 surface mount package.
- SS440R: Leaded, flat TO-92-style package.
The SS340RT’s small size requires less PC board space, allowing it to be used in smaller assemblies. Its 3 Vdc capability allows for use in low voltage applications, promoting energy efficiency.
The SS340RT Series is available on tape and reel (3000 units per reel): the SS440R Series is available in a bulk package (1000 units per bag).