GEOLUT Antenna and Ground Station
GEOLUT-600 from Honeywell Global Tracking is a local user terminal (LUT) that processes 406 MHz distress beacon alerts over geostationary satellites, and provides rapid notification to SAR authorities worldwide. The GEOLUT-600 is part of an integrated and comprehensive search & rescue (SAR) solution from Honeywell Global Tracking.
The GEOLUT-600 offers exceptional uptimes, accuracy and reliability, and has been at the heart of worldwide SAR operations for decades
- Fast Detection
GEOLUT-600 systems detect emergency alerts within seconds in each coverage area, making it possible to start SAR efforts immediately
- Advanced Signal Processing
Using noise-reducing signal processing, GEOLUT systems can minimize alert errors, leading to more efficient use of SAR resources
Fully configurable, making it possible to precisely match the needs of customers
- COSPAS-SARSAT Standards compliant
Meets and exceeds the official COSPAS-SARSAT requirements;
Supports ELT(DT) and RLS; Supports First and Second Generation Beacons
- Seamless integration
Ease-of-integration into existing SAR systems saves time and money
The GEOLUT-600 can be used in conjunction with data from low earth-orbit (LEO) satellites in a dual mode LEO-GEO system that provides unrivalled processing capabilities and reduces SAR response times.
The GEOLUT-600 makes it possible for SAR operators to quickly collect key information about beacons. This initial process can often identify false alarms prior to the retrieval of precise beacon location data from the LEOSAR system and ensures that SAR resources will only be used for actual emergencies.
A new motorized antenna system with an aluminium reflector and a controller which is able to utilize the AGC feedback from the RF subsystems and actively stay in beam, maximizing the signal reception from all GEOSAR satellites even when they are in an elliptical orbit. The Controller also can be programmed to switch from one satellite to another at the click of a button or using the remote web interface. Customised RF solutions available for optimal tracking of all GEOSAR satellites (GOES/Electro/MSG/Louch).
- Standard 19˝ (48.3 cm) rack enclosure
- 22U in standard configuration. Custom configurations available.
- 1544.5 MHz downlink signal
Alert Beacon Frequency:
- 406 MHz
- 10/100/1000 Mb/s
Data Communication to Mission Control Centre (MCC):
- Beacon alerts, status data, including alarm and warning messages, calibration data
Data Communication from MCC:
- Orbit data, calibration data, operator commands
Number of Servers:
- 2 per system, One for data collection and one for signal processing and alert generation
- Windows Server
- Intel Xeon-Gold 5218
- 32 GB in standard configuration
- System supports up to 192 GB
Block Down Converter:
- Convert raw satellite downlink signal to 4.5 MHz intermediate frequency, out-of-band noise filtering
- Data input control, phase unwrap and demodulation, spectrum analysis
- 406 MHz beacon signal detection, signal demodulation and decoding, message integration and validation, message archiving
- Spectrum analysis, signal enhancement
- Display Spectrum plots (power vs frequency at a given time), spectrogram plots (time vs frequency, with amplitude shown as grey-scale density), dot plots (real-time and playback)
Status Monitor & Display:
- Data collection status, data collection environment, system status, snapshot status, environmental data trends
- Rack temperature, room temperature
- Rack door open sensors (front and back)
Standard antenna: 3.8 m (12.5 ft) diameter. A 5 m (16.4 ft) antenna is also available.
1.4° degrees (Standard antenna), 1.1° degrees (5 m antenna)
Can withstand winds of up to 300 km/h (186 mph)
Control Unit and Motor Drive:
- Meets all current COSPAS-SARSAT requirements