MEOLUT Antenna and Ground Station
The MEOLUT-600 is a Local User Terminal that processes 406MHz distress beacon alerts over next-generation Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) Satellites providing rapid notification to Search and Rescue Authorities worldwide. It is part of an integrated and comprehensive Search & Rescue (SAR) solution from Honeywell Global Tracking.
The MEOLUT-600 offers exceptional uptime, accuracy and reliability for SAR operations worldwide.
- Fast New Medium-Earth Orbit Technology
MEOLUT-600 bridges existing geostationary and low-earth orbit infrastructure and can confirm the location of an emergency alert within seconds.
Fully configurable, making it possible to precisely match the needs of customers.
Provides fast position confirmation of alert beacon signals, especially in geographies where fewer satellites may be seen, leading to more efficient use of SAR resources.
- COSPAS-SARSAT Standards Compliant
Meets and exceeds COSPAS-SARSAT requirements
Supports ELT(DT) and RLS beacons; Supports First and Second Generation beacons
- Seamless Integration
Ease-of-integration into existing SAR systems saves time and money.
The MEOLUT-600 automatically monitors alerts from a growing constellation of MEO satellites and uses advanced signal processing to pinpoint the location of an alert signal in its coverage zone.
- Standard 19˝ (48.3 cm) rack enclosure
- 42U in standard configuration - custom configurations available
- Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) S and L Band
- 2226.5 and 1544.0 - 1545.0 MHz downlink signal
- Beidou, GPS, Galileo, Glonass
Alert Beacon Frequency:
- 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Able to share Time of Arrival/Frequency Of Arrival (TOA/FOA) measurement data with other MEOLUTs over network connections
- Supports COSPAS-SARSAT XML and CSV recommended formats
- Can share data in real-time and/or using a node-forwarding mechanism
Data Communication to Mission Control Centre (MCC):
- Located and unlocated incident solution data, status data, including alarms and warning messages
Number of Servers:
- Front End Processors, Redundant Signal Processors, Redundant Location Processors and one Interference Processor
- Windows Server
- Intel Xeon-Gold 5218
- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB configurations
- RAID redundancy – processor based on server application
Beacon Signal Decoding:
- 406MHz beacon signal detection, signal demodulation, message validation, message archiving
Data Stream Decoding:
- Bit synchronization, frame synchronization, message extraction, message formatting
406MHz Data Validation:
- Time, frequency, beacon message
- Spectrum analysis, signal enhancement
Orbit & Pass Scheduling:
- Automatically updates satellite orbit data after every pass, orbit updates are provided by a GNSS receiver
Status Monitor & Display:
- Data collection status, data collection environment, system status, snapshot status, environmental data trends
- Rack and room temperature
- Rack door open sensors (front and back)
- Rack power supply sensor
S&L Tracking Antenna
- Type: Mesh - Radome Encapsulated
- Size: 2.3m (7.5 ft) diameter
- Beamwidth: 7.9° degrees
- Environmental: Withstand winds up to 250 km/h (155 mph)
- Control Unit and Motor Drive: Integrated within the Radome providing exceptional security and protection from adverse environmental conditions
- Antenna Control Software: Antenna device control, positioning the antenna, tracking a satellite pass, antenna diagnostics
- Low Noise Amplifier/Down Converter (LNA/DC): Converts raw satellite downlink signal to 4.5MHz Intermediate Frequency, out-of-band noise filtering. Can transmit a received satellite signal with no loss in signal performance over long distances
- Data Collection: Data input control, phase unwrap and demodulation, spectrum analysis
L-Band Phased Array
- Type: DBF (Refer to MEOSAR DBF Datasheet)
- Meets all current COSPAS-SARSAT requirements