5 Proven Productivity Enablers
5 Proven Productivity Enablers | Honeywell Intelligrated
The global health crisis has accelerated e-commerce growth and raised the stakes for retail operations. As such, distribution centers (DCs) are bearing the brunt of online fulfillment pressures, adapting to high order volumes and seeking strategies to meet new throughput expectations. In addition, maintaining the confidence and well-being of DC workers is paramount to keeping operations running at peak performance levels.
Thriving in these challenging times requires a multifaceted approach that balances labor management, workplace safety, increased automation, remote asset monitoring and an eye on future DC optimization. Our upcoming five-part On The Move webinar series will explore these important strategies, starting on Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT and recurring each week for the next five weeks. Sessions include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 29: It’s Essential — Taking Care of Workers and Customers With Labor Management Software (LMS) — As distribution and fulfillment (D&F) operations ship record-breaking volumes of goods to customers, how are DCs taking care of their employees? We’ll explore how an LMS can help DC operators influence behaviors, track results, and properly engage their workforce to drive productivity and safety.
- Tuesday, Oct. 6: Preparing Your Warehouse for New World Challenges — DC operations directors are managing increased throughput expectations while adapting to emerging workplace safety requirements. Succeeding in this “new normal” will require innovative strategies to meet customer demands while implementing workplace protocols.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Simulate the Future of Your Distribution Center — Take a journey into the future of omnichannel distribution by exploring the possibilities of emerging simulation capabilities. See how data-driven design methodologies can simulate a future iteration of your DC operations, incorporating advanced automation and sub-system validation.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Connect Technology and People for Increased System Reliability — New social distancing protocols are changing the way DC operators monitor and maintain their equipment. Connected technologies and services are augmenting diagnostic capabilities with real-time, sensor-based analytics while on-site technicians leverage tools to collaborate with off-site experts. Learn how these strategies combine to create robust lifecycle management programs.
- Thursday, Oct. 29: Leveraging Goods-to-Person (GTP) Automation Strategies — Used in automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) or micro-fulfillment center (MFC) workflows, GTP strategies integrate shuttles and robotics to automate a variety of labor-intensive fulfillment processes. See how GTP technologies help DC operators respond to high order volumes while increasing accuracy, productivity and process efficiency.
To subscribe to our blog and receive exclusive communications and updates from Honeywell, click here.