Advantages of Using a Single-source Order Fulfillment System Provider
June 15, 2016
Omnichannel distribution center (DC) operators are always on the lookout for new order fulfillment technologies and seeking new ways to improve order accuracy and productivity. For many DCs, the problems they experience can be traced back to two primary issues:
1. Order fulfillment systems (including hardware and software) are not flexible enough to adapt to the varying order profiles, volumes and order filler workflows.
2. Order fulfillment processes are often disjointed, fragmented into several piecemeal systems that aren't easily coordinated into a unified operation.
These same DC operators are faced with ever-increasing consumer expectations. In a perfect world, they would also prefer a robust system capable of supporting complex order fulfillment processes that can also scale with fluctuations in demand. Intelligrated's flexible warehouse execution system (WES) adapts to these fluctuations with a proven suite of advanced fulfillment capabilities.
From pick- and put-to-light and Voice to RF scanning and mobile cart picking systems, Intelligrated offers comprehensive order fulfillment technologies that maximize warehouse productivity, speed and order accuracy.
- Pick and put-to-light systems - enable paperless, light-directed fulfillment with easy-to-read lights and displays
- Put-wall systems - provide goods-to-operator fulfillment for multi-line, mixed and single SKU orders
- Voice-directed picking - provides hands-free and eyes-up picking to facilitate fast fulfillment with extremely high order accuracy
- Mobile cart picking - combines pick-to-light, voice automation and RF technology to enable fulfillment of low-velocity items, enhanced mobility and go-anywhere flexibility
- RF handheld and mobile devices - support fulfillment of low-velocity items, providing favorable productivity gains over manual processes and, more importantly, real-time feedback of order filler progress
- WES software - automates the fulfillment processes within and beyond the four walls to drive maximum throughput and accuracy
As a single-source order fulfillment provider, Intelligrated fulfillment systems not only ensure maximum compatibility between software and hardware components, but also enable the integration of multiple technologies to accomplish complex tasks.
The broad range of PTL devices alone significantly increases the possibility of creating a solution that precisely meets DC requirements, including any or all of these scenarios: pallet, case and each picking; zone pick and pass or zoneless picking; and single multi-line batch picking for order consolidation. And as the manufacturer of the PTL hardware, Intelligrated can also develop custom PTL hardware as needed.
Perhaps Intelligrated's greatest strength is its proven experience and deep order fulfillment system expertise. This means you can be sure that we will develop an order fulfillment system that meets your DC's specific requirements and service level objectives. So if you're ready to realize the value of a true single source provider, contact us to begin a partnership with Intelligrated.
To subscribe to our blog and receive exclusive communications and updates from Honeywell Intelligrated, click here.