- SPS Blog
- Contact Us
Take Control of Inventory Management With a Best-fit WMS
October 28, 2021
Inaccurate inventory counts are more concerning than ever for distribution and fulfillment (D&F) operators. From eroding profit margins, disrupting order fulfillment processes and even delaying customer service level agreements (SLAs), D&F operators are under immense pressure to minimize inventory discrepancies and increase end-to-end inventory visibility. That’s why warehouse management systems (WMS) have become integral for e-commerce and omnichannel retailers seeking to compete with companies twice their size.
When implemented correctly, a WMS connects to a host system to initiate key inventory management and order fulfillment workflows:
- Receiving and putting away inventory from inbound purchase orders
- Managing inventory quantity and location instructions within the four walls
- Releasing waves of outbound orders to the warehouse floor, allocating inventory, and generating fulfillment tasks
- Providing real-time inventory and status information during these activities
But finding a WMS that aligns with your unique workflows, processes and business requirements can be a difficult prospect. Most retailers take of one of two common paths on their WMS journey:
- They over-invest in a WMS package that provides excessive capabilities which they will never use.
- They develop a homegrown WMS that offers diminishing returns and becomes a perpetual burden, consuming precious internal resources while eventually showing signs of obsolescence.
To alleviate these common WMS pitfalls, Honeywell Intelligrated has introduced its Momentum WMS software — a highly configurable WMS that allows you to precisely configure its functionalities to your specific warehouse workflows. Momentum WMS delivers the flexibility to keep pace with ever-changing technologies without over-investing in superfluous capabilities or incurring the expenses of custom software coding.
Configurable to multiple scenarios and industries
Momentum WMS is built upon a powerful, flexible and stable software platform to provide configurable options and integrate seamlessly with nearly any warehouse automation infrastructure. From inbound receipt and order fulfillment processing to replenishment and outbound distribution, Momentum WMS allows you to select from more than 500 parameters to precisely configure its functionalities. It seamlessly integrates into a variety of workflows and key warehouse functions:
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and/or host system integration
- Inventory receiving and replenishment
- Real-time inventory tracking
- Order fulfillment
- Label printing
- Packaging and shipping
- Reporting and dashboards
- Transportation management integration
- Distributed order management integration
In addition, Momentum WMS provides the flexibility to support a variety of industries and fulfillment operations, such as: e-commerce, pharmaceutical, apparel, cold chain, third-party logistics (3PL), manufacturing and retail. Regardless of your business requirements, Momentum WMS delivers scalable functionality and superior performance within a user-friendly interface. Even if your business rules change, you add new material handling equipment (MHE), or need to connect to other external systems, Momentum WMS can easily adapt with your evolving requirements.
Momentum WMS gives you the tools you need to transform your operations today while providing the flexibility to support your business for years to come.
- Fast to install and implement
- Deep configurability with warehouse operations and workflows
- Easily expandable to adapt to future business changes
- Maximum compatibility with Momentum WES
- Integrates with other warehouse automation software
To learn how Momentum WMS can be configured to your specific workflows, please read our On The Move article, The Software Path to Fulfillment Success.
To subscribe to our blog and receive exclusive communications and updates from Honeywell Intelligrated, click here.
Sign up to receive exclusive communications from Honeywell including product updates, technical information, new offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics via telephone, email, and other forms of electronic communication.
Copyright © 2023 Honeywell International Inc